Greg A. Lemons, CPA brings his vast experience to Padgett Business Services. Leaving the Fortune 500 companies behind him to open a franchise was a great fit and happened at the right time in his career. Dedicated to serving small business owners, his experience allowed him to structure and grow his firm.
A personal relationship with each client is something Greg prides himself on. Unlike larger accounting firms, he takes the time to build a trusted relationship with his small business clients as an expert in accounting.
Lemons employs two bookkeepers who he holds accountable. He reviews their work and guides his employees to better serve the businesses they represent.
Even with his vast experience, Lemons is always studying the tax laws and looking ahead. Each year he does a minimum of 24 hours continuing education to better serve his clients.
1972 – 1976
Certified Public Accountant
State of Tennessee
Key Areas of Expertise
- Large Retail Company Experience (Fortune 200)
- Financial Management/Planning/Financial Analysis
- Internal Financial Reporting, GAAP
- Coordinating Audits with Big 5 CPA Firms
- Treasury, Cash Management, & Bank Relations
- Federal, State & Deferred Taxes
- HR, Compensation, Performance & Discipline
- Financial and Cash Budgets / Forecasts
- Corporate Consolidations / Inter-company Accounts
- System Integration, including Sub Systems
- Accounting/Business Process Enhancement
- External Financial Reporting for Audit & SEC
- Project Management / Cross Functional Teams
- Cost Effective Internal Controls and Procedures
- Accounting Team Building and Development
- Union & Non-Union Payroll, Sales Commissions
Padgett Business Services
Owner – 2003-Present
CPA, financial reporting, tax consulting, bookkeeping, and payroll services for small businesses. Financial advance to business owners in retail, wholesale, construction, restaurants, financial, computer services, and more. Income tax preparation for corporations, partnerships, sole proprietorship and individuals. Clients also take advantage of our sales and payroll tax preparation.
Revels Tractor Company
CFO – 2001-2002
John Deere equipment dealership. Store locations in three states. As one of John Deere’s largest volume golf and turf distributors, Revels also markets agricultural, lawn care and landscape maintenance equipment.
Controller – 2000-2001
Leading consolidator of retail & convenience stores offering grocery, fuel and fast food restaurants.
The Williams Companies (Mapco Express)
Controller – 1997 – 1999
Retail / Convenience Store and Travel Center chain with over 255 locations with casual dining, fast food restaurants, fuel and grocery.
Ashland Inc (Multiple Companies)
SuperAmerica Group – Lexington, KY
Assistant Division Controller – 1992-1997
Convenience/Retail division with 2 warehouses, a Bakery, and over 600 stores offering grocery, fuel and fast food restaurants.
South Point Ethanol – South Point, OH
Manager of Accounting & Financial Services – 1988-1992
General partnership, majority-owned by Ashland, manufacturing fuel-grade alcohol.
Ashland Coal, Inc. – Huntington, WV
Supervisor, Consolidations, Corporate and Property Accounting – 1982-1988
Accounting Supervisor – 1981-1982
Accountant – 1977-1981
Greg A. Lemons, CPA
1726B General George Patton Drive
Brentwood, TN 37027